We are incredibly proud of the Cedar Haven Healthcare Center team and the care that they provide for our residents in every season and circumstances. Their dedication, especially in these unique times, is remarkable. Please join us in applauding the outstanding efforts and commitment of these award-winning team members, who received the March Employee of the Month and Quarterly Recognition Awards and giftcards in recognition of their achievements.
March Employee of the Month Award Winners
Deb Ciotti, Medical Secretary
- Deb is always professional. She comes to work early, stays late and helps with communication throughout the facility.
- Debbie is dedicated, reliable and always has a positive attitude. She is the foundation of the nursing office and is always willing to jump in and help where needed.
- Debbie is one of the most kind, caring and compassionate workers! She is an excellent coworker! She is willing to help others. She always gives 100% effort. She is very reliable, dependable and on time. She deserves to be nominated for employee of the month. She is an exemplary employee!
Hester Paxton, Restorative Aide
- Hester is always helpful with the residents. She is always taking them to where they want to go. Going to all the floors to take the residents to the recreational room. Activities and other places like therapy sessions when asked. She is a very pleasant person.
- Hester is a long-time dedicated Cedar Haven employee. She is always there to help. She helps extra and is very dedicated to our residents. Hester is very reliable and dependable. Her hard work and efforts are very much valued and appreciated.
Mark Kury, Transport Aide
- Mark is a long-time dedicated Cedar Haven employee! Mark always comes to work on time and works his scheduled shift. He is very reliable and dependable. Mark does a great job transporting our residents to their appointments. He always ensures they get to their appointments on time and they get back home to us safely. Mark is kind to others and always says hello to others in passing.
- Mark goes above and beyond with the residents and the transport aides. He makes our day go smooth with his goofy attitude!
Quarterly Recognition Award Winners
Pennie Kleinfelter, LPN
- Penny is kind and very flexible. She goes and offers help to everyone.
- Penny is a team player nurse. She makes herself available to others, is flexible, picks up multiple shifts all with a smile. She is an exemplary nurse who is high valuable and appreciated. Thank you, Penny, for all your hard work that doesn’t go unnoticed.
Dale Bashore, RNAC
- Dale is a wonderful leader in the RNAC office. Always maintains a professional attitude while promoting and fostering a learning environment. For her department. She is an asset to Cedar Haven!
- Dale works hard in a role that is critical to Cedar Haven. She has worked very hard and made improvements.
Kim Rhoads, RNAC
- Kim is an asset to our team. She instills a team environment in the office. She always strives for perfection in her work which then leads to a great outcome for our facility. She is always happy to teach new people and is a great resource for the nurses on the unit.
- Kim works hard in a role that is critical to Cedar Haven. She is a hard worker and makes positive improvements.
Pam Meyer, RNAC
- Pam works in the RNAC department and continues to be committed to her role. She does her best to bring up the CMI! She maintains good relationships with families as well!
- Pam is a hard worker! She has made improvements while in a role that is very critical to the Cedar Haven Facility.
Maddy Gallaher, LPNAC
• Maddy is a great addition to the team working as a LPNAC!
• Maddy has made improvements in her role that is very critical to Cedar Haven.
• Maddy is a great asset to the office. She comes to work every day with a positive attitude. She is always willing to jump in where needed. She helps others and is a great resource to the nurses on the unit.
Robert Ellis, Cook
- Robert is always smiling as he performs his duties. The meals that he prepares are appealing and well received by the residents. He is hard working and professional. Robert is an asset to the Cedar Haven team, and we are fortunate to have him with us!
- Robert is dependable, organized and focused on resident satisfaction by making great food and leading staff by example. Robert is one of the best multi-tasking employees! He can cook 2 meals and produce prep for 2 more meals at the same time!
Melanie Rolon, LPN
- Melanie always has a positive attitude and outlook about Cedar Haven. She motivates her peers with her kind and upbeat personality. She is dependable and works extra if needed. Melanie orients new nurses to Cedar Haven and does a great job!
- She promotes a positive atmosphere. Mel promotes an environment where staff are putting the residents physical and emotional needs first. She will offer words of encouragement to staff if they are down or discouraged. She will attempt with her best efforts to redirect negativity. Mel offers advice and guidance to new employees on doing the job correctly but also in self-care and how to be a good employee. She runs her unit independently and will consult supervisors with any questions and concerns. She is a, “grade A employee”!
- Mel’s positive attitude is contagious. Her compassion and kindness do not go unnoticed. Mel goes above and beyond to make her patients comfortable and happy. She is a true asset to the Cedar Haven Healthcare staff and team!
Deb Cunningham, Staff Education
- Deb is an excellent and dedicated Cedar Haven Employee. She is an amazing LPN that is 100% dedicated to her residents and providing the best quality care possible! She is a very smart and strong educator in our Staff Education Department. Working in Staff Education, she is providing a wonderful example to our new hires and NATs to follow! She is very caring and compassionate with her residents and coworkers too. She always puts her best foot forward! She is admired by many for her great work ethics, her kind spirit, and her kind and genuine personality. She is appreciated by her residents and coworkers! Way to go Deb!
- Deb helps extra in our Nursing Department. She is very kind and caring to residents and staff. She is always willing to lend a helping hand!
Taylor McKeon, Speech Therapist
- Taylor is a very valued staff member. She goes above and beyond to be flexible with her daily schedule, always making residents safety a priority, taking extra time to educate residents, families and staff for the best outcomes at Cedar Haven.
- Taylor is a dedicated, hardworking employee who is an asset to Cedar Haven. She puts the residents as her main priority, the way it should be done. Early one morning, a resident came to the therapy department and requested assistance. Taylor took the extra time that was needed to satisfy the residents’ request.
Today we honor and remember those who gave their lives for our country. At Cedar Haven we have the privilege of serving over 20 veterans who have chosen to reside and receive care at our facility. What an honor it is to hear their stories and learn about the...
UPDATED May 22, 2020 We are happy to report that Cedar Haven remain COVID-Free at this time. As you know, the number of Coronavirus cases in Lebanon County has climbed substantially and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) as well as our local...
Our compassionate team has had no shortage of creative ideas to uplift our residents while keeping them safe. Along those lines, our team cooked up a fun Hawaian Luau day and mixed it up with some Elvis festivities as well. Thank you to our thoughtful dietary and...
Thank you State Farm Agents Kelly parks, Hannah Speraw, Bob Phillips, Dick Morrett, Matt Jacobs, and Greg Snyder!
Thank you to the State Farm agents who treated our Cedar Haven Team to delicious chicken dinners from Hresko’s Bar-B-Que. Our staff were very appreciative! Thank you for the support and care.Welcome to Cedar Haven!Thank you for visiting the Cedar Haven blog. Please...
Cedar Haven is very thankful to report that we have still not had a single case of COVID-19 among our staff or residents thanks in part to the extraordinary efforts our team has made to proactively protect our community. Because of this, we are still able to accept...
We are pleased to announce that Karen Viozzi, Jenny Kendig, and Paula Hammer have been awarded our April Employee of the Month award in recognition of their efforts. These staff members were nominated by other members of the team at Cedar Haven, whose comments are...
Cedar Haven enjoyed a themed Western Day to lift the spirits of our residents and staff. We dressed the part and were treated with hot dogs, all the fixins’ and delicious campfire s'mores dessert! Staff enjoyed country music, singing and line dancing to Cotton Eye...
Coronavirus has brought a number of changes to daily life and work at our facility. Visitation has been restricted for several weeks. All staff have their temperatures taken multiple times a day and are screened for any signs or symptoms of COVID-19. Our Resident Care...
We are pleased to announce that Bellomo & Associates, LLC (Estate Planning & Elder Law) will be offering a Free Virtual webinar called "The Nuts and Bolts of Medicaid" on April 14th from 6pm-8pm. Please call 717-845-5390 to register for this informative event...
Cedar Haven wrote a public letter to the Lebanon Community speaking out against the false and damaging claims Commissioner Jo Ellen Litz has made about our facility. View the letter at https://cedarhaven.healthcare/letter. Welcome to Cedar Haven!Thank you for visiting...
Last week we were able to celebrate the graduation of Cedar Haven's most recent Nursing Assistant Training (NAT) Program class. These new Nursing Assistant Trainees wrapped up a 3.5 week course that trains them for Certified Nursing Assistant work. Now that these...
We are proud to announce that the February Employee of the Month awards go to a fantastic group of caregivers: Andreina, Angelica, and Andre! These team members are receiving awards and $200 gift cards in recognition for their excellent contributions to resident care...