Today we are recognizing and celebrating our three September Employees of the Month and nine Quarterly Recognition Award winners. These individuals have demonstrated their commitment and dedication to the residents at Cedar Haven time and again. The certificate and VISA gift card they received is a small token of the appreciation that all of us in the Cedar Haven family have for their work.
These award winners were nominated by our team, residents, and their responsible parties, families, and friends. Please consider who you might like to nominate and submit your nomination the next time you are at Cedar Haven. Please also join us in congratulating these award winners and thanking them for their hard work.
September Employee of the Month Award Winners
- Tabitha has helped with orienting new nurses to Cedar Haven and she does a great job teaching them their duties, responsibilities and routines of dayshift.
- Tabitha has been very supportive and accommodates new hires GPNs and LPNs with orientation. New hires have had positive comments. Tabitha explains routines on floors and allows time for med pass with patience. She is an excellent role model!
- Tabby is an awesome preceptor for our new nursing employees. She is always willing to help her new employees. Abby goes above and beyond to see that the experience is a positive one. One staff member has only praise for her time spent with Tabby. The staff member stated, “I leaned so much and felt very comfortable in completing my duties.” We have used Tabby to precept other new employees to which there has always been positive feedback!
- Tabitha is a dependable nurse. She is always willing to train new nurses. The nurses whom she has trained, have remained employed and they have stated how great their orientation has been!” She addresses any issues that are presented to her. Tabitha works well with families too! She is an all-around great compassionate nurse!
- Kieran is a team player, respectful and very good with our residents. She helps anywhere she can without being asked. I think she should be nominated for employee of the month!
- Kieran has been employed with Cedar Haven for over 13 years and is an asset to our team! She has shown dedication, teamwork and she is respectful to others too. Great job, Kieran!
- Jordan always comes to work ready for any task that awaits him with a positive attitude! His knowledge of HVAC and electrical has become more and more beneficial to our department. The value of Jordan’s work in Maintenance is priceless while helping the department and Cedar Haven be more efficient!
- Residents have voiced gratitude while Jordan is fixing things. He is always pleasant with a positive attitude. Jordan communicates well with the nursing staff too!
- Jordan has been a great addition to the Cedar Haven team! He is very task focused and willing to help anyone! Jordan is always pleasant with the residents and colleagues. His hard work is recognized and greatly appreciated! Way to go Jordan!
Quarterly Recognition Award Winners
- Elizabeth is always willing to give a helping hand with her coworkers. She always has great ideas for activities for our residents!
- Liz is very motivated to do activities with residents. She is pleasant to work with.
- Liz is wonderful with the residents. Her job is TR, but she will do CNA work when asked.
- Amy is dedicated and compassionate! She is good to all residents and has a great sense of humor and a great personality. She is well liked by residents and staff. WELL DESERVED!
- She’s a hard worker and dedicated to our residents. She goes out of her way to make them happy and comfortable. They always enjoy her company.
- When passing Amy in the hall, stairway or craft room she always passes by with a smile. She gives Cedar Haven a glow! We appreciate her kindness and joining the Cedar Haven team!
- As the floating Administrative Assistant, Gayle works in multiple departments. She is always willing to help with extra projects and does so with a smile. She works evenings and weekends as needed at the switchboard. She is an invaluable employee and her dedication to Cedar Haven and our residents is outstanding!
- Gayle is a pleasure to work with! She is great with our residents, coworkers and new hires. We appreciate her hard work and dedication to Cedar Haven! She is an asset to the team!
- Sara is very caring toward her staff. She is a fabulous nurse to her residents and very compassionate. Sara is always willing to help if needed.
- Sara jumps in and helps whenever possible. She orients new hires, helps cover weekends, she is great with the residents and residents’ family members! She is a great assistance to all staff. Her employees feel comfortable communicating with her. She is a super RN Supervisor! Her hard work is greatly appreciated! She is an extraordinary employee! Great job, Sara!
- Janira is a model employee. She is a fantastic housekeeper! She has her entire unit smelling so good. She is always on the go cleaning! Great job Janira and thanks for all you do to keep our residents’ home so nice!
- Janira takes pride in her work. She goes over and beyond expectations!
- Linda is always there to assist her coworkers. She is great with the residents too!
- Linda is a professional leader!
- Courtney is a great nurse! She is helpful to her staff and new hires. She goes over and beyond what is expected of her. She loves her residents and treats them like family!
- Courtney goes above and beyond. She will go anywhere she is instructed to go. She is a good nurse and is very kind and caring.
- Inecia is very detailed oriented. She is a wonderful charge nurse and is great with the residents! She is a great addition to the Cedar Haven team!
- Inecia is so sweet and kind. She has compassion for her residents. She is dedicated to her nursing career. She is eager to learn. Inecia is an asset to the Cedar Haven team!
- Keli is so kind, compassionate and gentle with the residents. She assists her coworkers without being asked. Her work ethic shows a great example of what teamwork is all about!
- Keli is also friendly and polite! She is always smiling and cares deeply for her residents!
July 16, 2020 UPDATE Cedar Haven saw our first confirmed case of COVID-19 on June 3rd and were able to contain the impact of the virus to one floor (1C). Our team’s preventative measures ensured that it did not spread further throughout the rest of the building, as we...
We are now seeking RNs, LPNs, CNAs, and applicants to launch their career as a nursing assistant through our temporary nursing assistant training program. We are offering $10,000 Sign-On Bonuses for RNs, $4,000 for LPNs, and $1,500 for CNAs or $2,000 for Night CNAs...
As we step into summer, Cedar Haven is happy to report that we are still COVID-Free! Our therapeutic recreation department and the entire team has continued to apply their talents, creativity, and energy to keeping all of our residents safe and smiling in a remarkable...
We are pleased to recognize Chris Heisey, Warren Willets, and Amanda Templin as our May Employees of the Month. These team members are dedicated and committed to improving quality of life for our residents everyday. Please join us in thanking and congratulating these...
Today we honor and remember those who gave their lives for our country. At Cedar Haven we have the privilege of serving over 20 veterans who have chosen to reside and receive care at our facility. What an honor it is to hear their stories and learn about the...
Our compassionate team has had no shortage of creative ideas to uplift our residents while keeping them safe. Along those lines, our team cooked up a fun Hawaian Luau day and mixed it up with some Elvis festivities as well. Thank you to our thoughtful dietary and...
Thank you State Farm Agents Kelly parks, Hannah Speraw, Bob Phillips, Dick Morrett, Matt Jacobs, and Greg Snyder!
Thank you to the State Farm agents who treated our Cedar Haven Team to delicious chicken dinners from Hresko’s Bar-B-Que. Our staff were very appreciative! Thank you for the support and care.Welcome to Cedar Haven!Thank you for visiting the Cedar Haven blog. Please...
Cedar Haven is very thankful to report that we have still not had a single case of COVID-19 among our staff or residents thanks in part to the extraordinary efforts our team has made to proactively protect our community. Because of this, we are still able to accept...
We are pleased to announce that Karen Viozzi, Jenny Kendig, and Paula Hammer have been awarded our April Employee of the Month award in recognition of their efforts. These staff members were nominated by other members of the team at Cedar Haven, whose comments are...